Australis Binder Sealer
Product Code: 83-100
Australis Binder Sealer is a high quality solvent based Sealer for interior and exterior use. A preparatory coating designed to shield against alkali in new cement, plaster etc. It acts as a binder of powdery paint to the original surface and also as a sealer of porous surfaces providing a suitable surface for later coatings.
- Solvent based
- Suitable for porous and powdery surfaces
- Provides good adhesion for subsequent coats
- Shield against the presence of alkali in new cement and plaster surfaces
Areas of Use
Interior and Exterior surfaces.
Method of Application
- May be applied by brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Stir well before use by stirring with a broad flat paddle in a scooping motion
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10C or likely to fall below 10C during drying
- Do not apply if rain is expected or in hot, dry conditions
Approximately 16 square metres per litre. This will vary depending on the application technique, the surface profile and absorption qualities of the surface.
Leave to dry overnight before re-coating. In damp, cool or humid conditions, drying may be extended.
Clean all equipment with Mineral Turpentine.
Remove all soft, powdered, blistered, loose or flaking paint or kalsomine, all traces of grease, dirt, oil or smoke using a suitable detergent. Wash detergent away from surface with clean water and allow to dry. Repair any cracks or surface defects with a good quality filler. Sand smooth and dust off.
On new surfaces allow masonry or plaster to dry for at least 28 days before coating.
Note: Mould or fungal infected surfaces must be treated to eliminate the possibility of recurrence.
1 Ltr, 4 Ltrs, 10 Ltrs, 15 Ltrs.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. The product is highly flammable. Keep out of the reach of children.
View the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for full information regarding Health and Safety, First Aid, and Paint Disposal Procedures.