Cease Rust Metal Primer
Product Code: 86-425
Red Metal Primer is an anti-corrosive non toxic solvent based primer.
Areas of Use
Designed for use direct to iron, steel and aluminium surfaces. It is not suitable for zinc coated or galvanised materials.
Method of Application
- May be applied with a brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Stir well before use by stirring with a broad flat paddle in a scooping motion
- Do not apply if temperature is below 10C or likely to fall below 10C during drying
- Do not apply if rain is expected or in hot, dry conditions
Approximately 14 square metres per litre. This will vary depending on the application technique and the surface profile of the surface.
Drying (25C and 50% Relative Humidity)
- Touch dry in 4 hours at normal temperatures
- Re-coatable after overnight drying. In cold or humid conditions, drying will be extended
The primer can only function properly if the surface to be painted is free from all loose mill scale, rust, dirt and grease. Mill scale, rust and dirt may be removed by wire brushing and sanding, followed by degreasing with mineral turps and wiping with a clean cloth. The metal surface must be free from moisture at the time of painting.
1 Ltr, 4 Ltrs.
Available in Red Oxide only.
Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. The product is highly-flammable. Keep out of the reach of children.
View the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for full information regarding Health and Safety, First Aid, and Paint Disposal Procedures.